Monday, October 31, 2005

Have we fallen off the edge of the earth? No, we're in Idaho.

Hi all. It's been quite a while but here's what we've been up to...

Our friends Ryan & Jen did in fact visit. We had a wonderful time, ate and drank and traveled and sat around and just stared at each others faces (as my papaw would say). My school commitments have been pretty consuming...I've been able to rewrite the curriculum for the studio emphasis and it is in the process of being approved. I was able to slip in some intermedia type classes & focus an art history section on contemporary practice. I am speaking at a conference this weekend and feeling only slightly nervous and overcommited. I just had a show closing in the galleries for Tim Timmerman on friday night. Everything went really well, you can see the galleries are far more beautiful than a school our size deserves. Actually, they are bigger than my painting studio (that I teach in) and we have TWO of these galleries! Andrew and I went to Silver City with our friends (yes, we made some!) Ben and Michelle. I'll post pics later once Ben sends them over. It was AWESOME. It's an old silver mining city from the late 1800's...you could quite easily imagine gunslingers and painted ladies (as the nicer saying goes). You have to drive over an hour on a dirt road through the mountains to get there. Obviously we didn't take the volvo wagon. We wandered around for a while and then went down river to set up a campfire and cook food and hang out til late. It was literally freezing outside and by the time we left everything was covered in frost. Our big news is that we've got kittens. Their names are Franny and Zoe (used to be Zooey but we realized he was a girl).
They are wonderfully naughty. You can see it in their wee beady eyes. Hellions we call them. To their faces.
Actually, our biggest news is probably that we just bought tickets to fly home for christmas. (I debate if I should still call la/sandiego/whittier/etc home.) We'll be there from Dec 21-Jan 3rd. We hope ya'll are planning a new years eve party...........

4 Comments:

Blogger Andrew said...

Hi Stella. You know that thing we had a few years ago? Yeah, well that's over now. I've moved on. I'v got kids now. I've got responsibilities. We were young, we were crazy, let's just forget the whole thing. Sorry i had to be the one to break your heart kid, but it was bound to happen some time.

Hi Meg. We CAN'T WAIT for you to come see us! A few issues - 1) Contrary to the myth, we do have traffic. It's not as bad as LA traffic, but it is traffic nonetheless. 2) We never drive to to grocers, because it's across the street! Sweet, sweet fine cheeses and meats, all within walking distance. 3) Is "WeHo" West Hollywood? Is that what the kids are calling it nowadays? Ah, strange city of angels. Thine angels are strange.

Open invitation to anyone else who wants to visit. We have NO traffic! The nearest neightbor is TEN MILES away! I SHOOT BEARS every day, use the meat for breakfasting and the lard for soap! YOU WANT THIS LIFE!!!

9:13 PM  
Blogger ms. tea said...

if ever i had thought about visiting idaho, the bear lard soap just turned me off to it.

i enjoy your blog by the way

5:50 PM  
Blogger Andrew said...

are you one of them there advermetisers?

no, probably not.

hi myste.

12:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Amanda & Andrew!

Greetings from Dublin! I am glad that things are going well in Idaho.

I shall be in OC/LB/LA from 12/18 - 1/1 - Let's find each other and get together.

love & smiles, jen ;o)

2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home