Friday, December 02, 2005

SNOW SNOW SNOW

I love it. I have never lived in a place where it snowed. I am charmed by it. Even though our commute almost tripled in time this week, I still love it. It feels wintery and like Christmas...

Andrew's family visited for Thanksgiving.I cooked my first turkey. Well, my first real turkey. When I studied abroad in London a bunch of us made Thanksgiving dinner for our brit friends who kept thanking us for leaving their country but all we did was throw them in the oven and I don't remember if they were edible or not. The food this year however was great. I relied heavily on Martha Stewart's Everyday Food. Yes, and I am unashamed. She (actually it was probably a lot of RISD grads about my age who were responsible for it...) printed a shopping list of all the ingredients and I bought in completely. I never had to fret about what to cook and we all loved the food.

I cannot wait for school to finish. In brief, it has been a good, exhausting, lesson-filled semester. I like my students and I'm looking forward to getting to know them better when we return after break and the shock of so much change has passed over everyone. (or is it just me...) Oh, here is a picture of my campus, the art building is the white building to the left. This is the winter wonderland that is my office... I mostly cannot wait to visit all y'all in under 3 weeks. I should say that's we'll be at Mi Piace yet again on my birthday (Dec 28th) and would love to meet up with all our friends. Yes, I cannot wait to see you all! Until then...

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you thrown your ugly cats in the snow yet?

5:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Green limpet love coming your way!

12:47 AM  
Blogger Seriously said...

drew has beach boys hair

11:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When are you coming to Norway?

8:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amanda,

Happy birthday (soon). Enjoy the snow. Here it was 70 and sunny. I still think that's unnatural.

Bestest,
Gary H.

1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home